First Time Camping | Mt. Naupa

2:03 AM


Last Saturday, I spent my weekend in the mountains. I've always preferred natural wonders instead of urban and modernised places, so when Ms. Sol told me about a camping plan, I had to go. Our plans & dates were pushed due to horrible rainy weather and scrambled schedules. Luckily, we all found time during the weekend. Because it was my first time camping in the mountains, I was packed with excitement! 

Mt. Naupa is located in Naga, Cebu, which is a two hour drive away from Cebu city. Initially, we planned to take a bus from SM to Naga, but we were fortunate enough to hire a van for the whole trip up to the chapel on the foot of the mountain. We then hiked up to the camping spot and picked up a few mangoes from the locals. The people who lived there were very nice and hospitable and I wish everybody could be as genuine as them. When we reached the destination, Mt. Naupa greeted us (me, my friends, and teachers who are pretty much my friends) with the prettiest sunset my eyes had laid on. 


I made a short video of how I saw my short trip. Overall, camping on Mt. Naupa did not only make me see and experience how beautiful this planet is, but it also made me realise that it's not just about the place or the activities going on. What makes an experience are the people who you are with and how much they care for you and shower you with kindness. The trip made me very grateful for the people I was with and how I am allowed to leave my footsteps on places I never even knew existed. 

Which places have you hiked or camped? x

All the love, regina

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I've never gone camping before but it looks so beautiful! I'm too scared to go but it looks like such a great experience! xx

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hike on the way up made me soo anxious, but it was worth it! x

      Delete
  2. Huhu!! I will include Mt. Naupa in our itinerary when I visit Cebu! It's so beautiful!


    Armi Mariee
    http://armimariee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a great location to camp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post, just followed :) i'm new and would love if you checked out my blog! http://sarahxrowe.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a truly fantastic time :-) Sometimes the best thing in the world is to escape to nature and relax for a while.
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had such a nice time! When I was little my family always used to go camping normally at a beach somewhere up north and we always had the best times!! :) <3xx

    http://sunsetsandsaltyhair.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been camping but something I definitely want to try out. I am glad you had an amazing time, it's nice to take that time away from everything.

    Zeynab
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful xx

    http://nouw.com/mmoalisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've never been camping but for those sunsets i'd do it immediately!!XD

    xx from italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never been camping but I would love to! Its seems so fun!
    xx from Portugal
    http://mylifeascat00.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never been camping, but the pictures look amazing!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not gonna lie, I've never been camping but this looks like so much fun!! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sooo jealous I used to go camping with my parents every summer by big lakes! HEAVEN!! I'm so jealoussssssssssssss!
    Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day!
    Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had such a fun time! I've always wanted to camp but I'm too afraid of bugs x( sadly.

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pictures are so beautiful! I live in the UK and I travelled to Wales to go camping and it was amazing! You could see all the stars and it was so peaceful. Really hope I can go back soon :) xx

    http://trulyclaire.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mt Naupa is really beautiful!! I wish I could go there when I was in the Philippines few yrs ago!! And the sky got perfect cotton candy & unicorn vibes <3
    xx

    KayleeㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how your trip made you feel so uplifted! The picture of the sunset is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    xxxx from Emily // diamondsanddachshunds.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow your pictures are gorgeous! This looks like it was such a fun trip :)
    YASMINA NICOLE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow your pictures are amazing it looks so tranquil and peace! I have been camping a few times once in Wales and again in Yorkshire but the views are not as amazing as these !
    Cera
    xoxo
    http://welcometocerasworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love camping! There's something about it that I find really calming. Add in the beauty of natural wonders and it's perfection. PS: I love the look of your blog!

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is so lovely, dear!
    Please subscribe: http://theradiantcherie.com/ (I lost all my followers)

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice post,and that sky though so beautiful xo

    todaysouhaila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe